The JIGSAW Scheme
The JIGSAW scheme supports the development of the skills, attitudes, values and behaviour, which enable pupils to:
- Have a sense of purpose
- Value self and others
- Form relationships
- Make and act on informed decisions
- Communicate effectively
- Work with others
- Respond to challenge
- Be an active partner in their own learning
- Be active citizens within the local community
- Explore issues related to living in a democratic society
- Become healthy and fulfilled individuals
The JIGSAW Charter
At the start of each year the children will discuss the JIGSAW Charter and agree their own Charter in order to create a safe space to discuss topic and ideas in the classroom
The JIGSAW Characters
As part of our JIGSAW Scheme each class has a JIGSAW Character. These characters are designed to guide children through a range of topics as well as create scenarios to get the children thinking!
Whole School Overview
Page 19-20 of the document below gives you a break down of the statutory elements for the teaching of RSE.
Please see the attached JIGSAW guidance for the teaching of RSE.